Monday, December 19, 2011

Thermostat

Met Claire for lunch again today. But I was...curious. Weirded out about the homeless guy yesterday. And curious about why he did it. About why he kept pouring liquid on the ground.

So I got a bottle of water from Starbucks. And I poured some on the ground outside. Then I went inside and waited for Claire.

We talked. We talked about what happened yesterday. She said all she remembered was the gunshot, but she didn't feel anything. She just felt dizzy and fainted. Like in a movie. When she came to, I was standing over her, alone. I tried to see if she remembered anything else, but she didn't want to talk about it anymore.

My lunch time came to an end and I said goodbye. She kissed me on the cheek. Her lips were still cold.

As I walked outside into the sunny afternoon, I nearly slipped and fell. I looked down and saw that there was a patch of ice in the exact spot I spilled the water.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting way of detecting the Cold Boy's proximity. I'll have to remember that. Not much good in a Michigan winter (although this year has been warmer than most) but useful during any season the freeze couldn't be natural.

    ReplyDelete