Sunday, December 11, 2011

Au Contraire

I had a dream about French class today. Which is weird. I took four years of French and all I remember is how to say hello ("Bonjour"), where is the library ("Où est la bibliothèque"), and go to Hell ("Va a l'enfer!") (I remember that last one because I looked it up in frustration one day).

In the dream I had, though, I was in one of the big auditorium classrooms at college - you know, those huge ones that are in a large semi-circle with hundreds of seats. Everyone was sitting down looking at the teacher (my old French teacher) as she wrote something on the board. I couldn't read it, but everyone was looking at it intently. Finally, she stopped writing and turned around and said, "Le chat est sur la table." The entire class repeated her except for me. "Le chien est très proche." Again, the entire class repeated her. "L'enfant chante." The classed repeated her and then she stepped off the podium and walked to the door on her right. She smiled and opened the door and there was this blinding white light and she said, "La cour d'hiver!"

I thought the class would repeat her again, but they all started screaming, a weird low-pitched scream all at the same time. Then I realized it was my alarm clock and I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment