Thursday, December 15, 2011

She's An Angel

Sometimes idealism wins out over cynicism.

She came back. Today, Claire came back to Starbucks and sat down at my table and we talked again. I don't exactly remember what we talked about - I'm pretty sure we came around to the topic of Firefly which led to The Avengers which led to which was better Marvel or DC which led to...you know what, I'm not even going to say it all here. It was too awesome.

Needless to say, she is the perfect woman for me. And yet I couldn't bring myself to ask for her number. It's a crippling shyness I've been afflicted with since childhood. I talked to her about my comics collection, yet couldn't ask her out on a real date.

But sometimes idealism wins out over cynicism. Sometimes good things happen to good people, instead of just bad things.

As I got up to go back to work, she slipped me a piece of paper with her number.

I was smiling for the rest of the day.

1 comment: