Thursday, December 8, 2011

Don't Let's Start (3)

My boss had everyone decorate the office today. There's so much red and white, it looks like someone just vomited Christmas everywhere. Then my boss asked if I was going to bring a Menorah.

I am Jewish. I do celebrate Hanukkah. Or Chanukah. Or however you want to spell it. However, this just means going to my parents' house and exchanging gifts for one day (eight days? ha!). My parents have a Menorah that they dig out every year and have to clean last year's candle wax out from, but I do not own a Menorah.

And if I did, I would not bring it to work. For the simple reason that having one lone Menorah surrounded by a plethora of Christmas decorations would look incredibly stupid.

God, I hate this time of year. Not just Christmas (although it's mostly that), but also the fact that it gets so cold and yet never snows (stupid Southern California).

As the saying goes: bah humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment