Monday, January 16, 2012

A Self Called Nowhere

Do you know what jamais vu is? I had to look it up. It's the opposite of deja vu. It's when you know you're doing something you've done before, but it feels unfamiliar.

I've been on the run for three days and I keep having bouts of jamais vu. I've taken a Greyhound bus before. I know I have. But suddenly, I was panic-stricken at being on one. Suddenly, the endless empty streets were entirely new to me.

Am I going crazy? Or is this something to do with the Cold Boy? Sometimes...sometimes, when I'm on the edge of sleep, I'll blink my eyes and the roads will look like they're covered in ice, like the landscape is covered in snow. Then I'll blink again and it'll be gone. And every time this happens, it seems like it's never happened before.

I'm just wondering if one day I'll look in the mirror and wonder who is looking back.

2 comments:

  1. You learn something new every day...

    Are you sure you aren't just becoming numb to the things you've done in the past?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like he's taking a bigger effect on your mind. You need to find more people soon. Please be careful.

    ReplyDelete