Thursday, January 12, 2012

Are you sleeping?


I haven't been able to sleep. I've tried, god how I've tried. But I can't. I stay awake all night long. Every time I close my eyes, I see Holly's face. Her eyes. How can I get away from something that can do that? How can I do anything to stop it?

Are you sleeping?


Some people from the government met me a few days ago. Some alphabet agency, I can't remember the initials. Said that they were investigating the deaths of Holly Sachs and Henry Berkoff. I didn't even know his last name. They asked me if I had seen a little boy. If I had heard him singing. I said yes. I asked them how I could escape him. How I could survive.

"Run," they said. "Run far and run fast."

Brother John?


How can I run? I don't know the first thing. I've never even been hiking or camping. I've never even been out of the country - farthest away I've been in Las Vegas. How can I run? But I hear his voice sometimes. Singing to me. I can't go to him. It's the last option, the one I can't submit to.

The agents gave me a card. Someone who might be able to help me run, they said. It had an address. And one name: Houdin.

2 comments:

  1. You've seen my blog. The second post has some advice about what you should take. Wish I could offer you some advice on little boy blues minions. Unfortunately YOU are the source of all my knowledge on them. In a way you're one of the lucky ones, you have a chance to PLAN before you run.

    Just a quick questions, did you put those lyrics in your post or are you surprised to see them there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put them there. I keep hearing them. When I can't sleep, I hear them. Even when he's not there - when it's not cold - I can sometimes hear them echo in my mind.

    ReplyDelete